Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dobongsan Hike


I am trying to locate things to do closer to CRC. I am certain there are lots to do, I just have to find them. In my search I found this one particular hike that looks just fantastic. My book "Seoul City Guide" by Lonely Planet has a lot of information on this hike. I also found the following links for you to look at.
The trail head is very easy to access. You take subway line 1 or 7 to Dobongsan station. From the station walk along the long lines of hiking equipment stores, which are supposed to have great prices. There are also places to buy food and drinks for the hike, along with restaurants. Most people take food with them and eat on the trail while enjoying the view.
It takes about 15 minutes to reach the information office which is open 0730 to 1800. Here they sell basic hiking maps in English.
Once I go on the hike I will update this post with photos and more details. In the mean time if you want to go the links below should have just about all the information you need. Happy Hiking!



Visit Korea informaton on the hike (This is where I got the photo)


Seouls Top Mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment